[AsteriskBrasil] Interligação de Asterisks IAX2 ou SIP Thunk

Ulisses Feres - Abratel Telecom uferes em abratel.com.br
Terça Setembro 6 20:49:07 BRT 2011

na minha opiniao iax sem duvidas.
Vulgarmente falando alem da questao de porta (somente uma porta udp para
trabalhar) tem, se nao me engano, uma forma (trunk) que ameniza uso de
trafego..

Isso fala aqui:
retirado voip-info:

The IAX revision 2 protocol is used by the Asterisk VOIP PBX and FreeSwitch
Softswitch as an alternative to SIP, H.323, etc. when connecting to other
devices that support IAX (a limited list at the moment, but growing very
rapidly). However meanwhile other software like Yate SofaSwitch and OPAL
have added IAX2 support.

•IAX2 is not the result of a standards group, rather a collaborative,
community based effort (Note: IAX2 is now: RFC 5456)
•IAX2 uses a single UDP port 4569, and thus works well in NAT environments
(the obsolete IAX1 protocol used port 5036). IAX2 uses ONLY one udp port for
both control and data traffic. As outlined in point 4 of the IAX versus SIP
topic with IAX you will always have audio if the control connection can be
established.
•IAX2 supports PKI-style authentication and trunking.
•The Asterisk IAX2 driver has a jitter buffer. (The SIP driver doesn't in
1.2.x, but one has been added in 1.4.x. The IAX2 jitterbuffer is more mature
however.)

Trunking
When trunking with IAX2, only the used bandwidth is allocated at all times.
Other TDMoIP protocols used for trunking always allocate a certain amount of
bandwidth to keep all channels open. IAX trunking allows multiple voice
streams to share a single "trunk" to another server, reducing overhead
created by IP packets. IAX always sends DTMF outline (RFC2833), eliminating
the confusion often found with SIP.

It should be noted that trunking requires both sides to know each other
(i.e. they need to be valid peers). If one side has trunk=yes and the other
does not cannot validate the peer, you will get one-way audio. The easiest
way to make this work is to use a register line to register to the systems
you want to trunk with.
--
Obg,
Ulisses Féres.