[AsteriskBrasil] Kevin Flemming deixa Digium e Dave Duffet assume seu cargo

Denis Galvão denisgalvao em gmail.com
Terça Julho 31 16:24:50 BRT 2012

Olá pessoal.

Kevin Fleming foi o braço direito de Mark Spencer desde, praticamente, a criação do software Asterisk. Pode ser considerado o maior contribuidor deste software até hoje.

Segue post do Kevin, Diretor para Comunidade da Digium:
------
Family, friends, colleagues:

I've been with Digium for just over seven years, and it's been an incredible experience that I wouldn't have traded for anything. When Mark Spencer invited me to visit Digium (and Huntsville) in early 2005, I could not have dreamed that I'd end up working for such an exciting, innovative company, finding a wife, and meeting hundreds of people (many of whom are now friends) around the world. It's been a time of tremendous personal and career growth, and my wonderful colleagues at Digium and in the Asterisk open source community have been directly responsible for most of that.

Recently, though, I've been presented an opportunity to take on a new challenge and this has resulted in my acceptance of a new job, in a new industry. In the middle of September, I'll start working for Bloomberg, L.P., in the Office of the CTO, helping to lead their nascent open source initiative. I'll be working to bring the power of open source software, open standards, and community building to the financial market data services industry, where it is sorely needed (and overdue). Michelle and I will be relocating to the greater New York City area, but Michelle will continue in her role as Digium's in-house counsel.

This is yet another incredibly exciting, career changing opportunity in my life, and I can't wait to see what it will bring. I'll be forever thankful for the opportunity that Digium and the Asterisk community provided me to learn, grow and find the place where my skills and experience are the most valuable (to both myself and my employer).
-------

E aquí notícia da Digium comunicando o novo diretor:
http://www.digium.com/en/mediacenter/viewpress/digium-appoints-david-duffett-to-asterisk-community-director

Vamos torcer para que o bom trabalho continue!

Abs,

Denis.