[AsteriskBrasil] [asterisk-dev] Recent additions to the Digium Asteriskdevelopment team

Denis Galvão denisgalvao em gmail.com
Quinta Agosto 17 09:00:11 BRT 2006

Very good news.

Really good to know about the success of companies(like Digium) and
developers(like all mentioned by Kevin) that are working with and for
the Asterisk community.

I just have one thing to complain:

When will Digium invite a developer to put the MFCR2 stack(channel)
on Asterisk official core?

Keep in mind that South American/Asian markets is growing UP pretty
faster on VoIP, and of course Asterisk is one of the tools that have
been used to get this grow. MFCR2 is almost on 90% of all telephony
carriers in Brazil.

I'm the founder of AsteriskBrasil.org(born on 2004), we have 5000
users and 2000 members on the email discussion list/IRC. All of them
are using MFCR2, implemented by Steve Underwood that deserves all of
AsteriskBrasil.org community's respect.

The VERY GOOD work done by Steve on the chan_unicall, spandsp and
libmfcr2 turn on the possibility to work with Asterisk in Brazil, but
is a pain to apply a patch every time a new Asterisk version is
announced, is pain to maintain two software trees.

AsteriskBrasil.org has its own developers that is doing a very good
work on translating, coding and recoding things to work in Brazil
(some of limfr2 stuff, voicemail, grammar, etc -I'll prepare a full
list-) that should help the Asterisk dev team to put some of our
needs on the core.

I'll not write more lines here, I just wanna know:
"Is Digium interested to keep/grow business in South America/Asia?"

Thanks for all of you specially for Steve(coppice).

Denis Galvão
AsteriskBrasil.org